Monday, June 29, 2009

Ahhhh...

It's amazing how good I can feel after an hour on the treadmill. Even though before going on I had such a mental battle to convince myself to do it.

But I'm so tired right now, I promise I'll do it tomorrow.

Its too late to exercise its already 7 at night!

I'm not that unhealthy, surely I only have to do this once a week.

There is nothing on t.v. to entertain me while I walk, I'll be so bored!

And then even on the treadmill my mind endures another battle; when to get off!

Hey, its been 15 minutes thats enough right?

Ok lets only do half an hour, please please half an hour.

Its 45 minutes already, thats soooo long, lets get off now!

And then the strangest thing happens, once I hit a full hour I get so elated and happy and energetic that I feel like I can easily do another 30 minutes. Sometimes I lose myself in a t.v. show or commercial and look down to find that I'm already 3 or 5 minutes past an hour and I feel so surprised.

One part of me is dying to be thinner, and the other part is doing everything it can to sabotage my weight loss!

Isn't it strange how complex our minds really are?

1 comment:

  1. man this reminds me that i havent worked out since April. i'm such a slacker.

    ReplyDelete